Believe it or not, Korea is a surprisingly dog-friendly country; I even adopted my dog here!
Below is a list of dog cafes and parks I’ve visited (and enjoyed) here, as well as resources for adopting a dog.
As the name implies, dog cafes are indoor doggy play areas which have human seating and serve beverages (and sometimes food.) Dog cafes are great places to bring your dog to socialize with other dogs and people. Some also offer hotel and grooming services. There is no entry fee to dog cafes, and you don’t have to have a dog to enter, but each customer must purchase a beverage (usually 5,000 won ~ 8,000 won.)
- Bau House | Hapjeong | Many big and small resident dogs | Separate sections for big and small dogs | Hotel
- Cafe Pawz | Gangnam | Two small resident dogs | Hotel
- Sangsang Dabang | Hongdae | Many small and medium resident dogs
- Dog Drink Cafe | Hongdae | A few medium and big resident dogs | Outdoor / rooftop seating
- Dog Zone | Jamsil | Many small, medium, and large resident dogs | Hotel and Grooming
- Cafe Chicu | Gangnam | Many medium and large resident dogs | Separate sections for big and small dogs | Hotel
You must a have a dog to enter a dog park. They are fenced-in grassy or sandy areas, usually with minimal seating.
- World Cup Stadium Dog Park | World Cup Stadium | Separate areas for big and small dogs | Dog Registration Required
- Bundang Dog Park | Seohyeon | Mostly small dogs
- The Pet Hotel M | Itaewon | Located in the same building as Chung Wha Animal Hospital | English Service (Please visit the hotel first if you are thinking of boarding your dog here. I brought Duggie in for daycare as a test-drive before boarding, and he came out filthy and very stressed, so I decided not to use their hotel. But, different dogs enjoy different environments, so please check it out first.)
Adopting a Dog
- CARE | Dongdaemun and Dapsimni | Two walk-in adoption centers available | English Service by Email (I adopted Duggie from the Dongdaemun adoption center, and I cannot recommend this organization enough! They are wonderful ❤)
- Rescue Korea | Many Locations Across Korea | Online network of animal profiles for adoption and fostering (Formerly Animal Rescue Korea. You can contact fosters and English-speaking shelter representatives by email.)
- Chung Wha Animal Hospital | Itaewon
- Dr. Pet | Gangnam ⭐️Personally Recommended ⭐️
- Perth Vet | Yongsan
- ACRIS | Gangnam
Click here for a list of vegan dog-friendly restaurants and cafes! 🐶❤